Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday night reflections

Vic and Annie Neves

Winterail preview
Last night, after the union meeting, I went to San Leandro to the home of Vic and Annie Neves. It has been three years since I was involved in Winterail. Yet, I was welcomed back into the Winterail [link] family like I had never left. Vic and his new wife Annie are great folks. We ran all the shows that will be shown next week and we rolled until after midnight. The shows this year are all video. The last time I was at Winterail it was the last all slide year. The two years I missed were the transition years. What a change! I enjoyed the event. It was too much fun.

Hand Built Bicycle Show

Hand Built Bicycle Show
This weekend there was a great bicycle show in San Jose, I went today. It is so amazing to see such great cycling events as this happening right here in San Jose. I saw a huge number of great bikes and met some very talented bicycle builders. I even ran into my friend Dale Saso. It was also, too much fun. Stay tuned for a related podcast!

Favorite quote from the oscars
Berthold Brecht, "Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it."

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: