A new dedicated blogI have been trying to minimize this topic on this blog and stay focused on family. However, I am concerned. In my opinion human powered vehicles pose a safety risk to their operators and pedestrians at SJSU:
- As an employee I am concerned about the risk to students and employees.
- As a parent of young adults I am concerned that many of the operators of these devices are prone to take risks.
- As a parent of an SJSU student I am concerned that this is a dangerous situation that the university, in my opinion, is ignoring.
- As a taxpayer I am concerned that the university is taking on a financial risk by assuming liability in the event of a lawsuit arising from this flawed practice.
- As a bicyclist myself I am all too aware of the hazards of improper use of human powered vehicles.