Thursday, December 13, 2007

Grandma and Grandpa Sloan

Grandma and grandpa sloan and family

Grandpa and Grandma Sloan and Family
I never met any of my grandparents and only some of my cousins. My sister Lura was named after my grandma Lura. Last summer I got to spend time with my cousins and my cousin Dolores is the one who has memories of my grandparents. My father was their youngest son and they were both gone before I was born. My sister-in-law Doris has sent these old photos and this is what was written on this photo from (I would guess) the 1930's:

Back Row: Sidney Cavel and Ethel Moody, Lloyd Delmar (my dad), Finis and Wilma, and Finis's wife Elva Stuck. Front Row: Dolores, Sidney Dean, Bill, Lura and Harold Lee. As Doris said, "Note from Joanne Sloan April 24 1999, 'The baby on grandpa's lap is Wilma Lee, Aunt Wilma is holding Daphene, and I am the baby on grandma's lap.'"

[Click to view bigger image]

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: