Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Friend For Life

Janet and I

Janet Michaelis
One day in the 1980's I was in a darkroom at San Jose State developing film. A room nearby was a classroom. I heard a knock on my door and when I answered it there was this little woman who said something like, "is there a darkroom here?" That was Janet and we have been friends since. At the time Janet was with Lee and Lee was and is a Veterinarian. That was when Candy was alive and she was an animal lover. It was a match made in heaven. When we would get together Janet and I would talk photography and Lee and Candy would talk about animals. We would go and visit them at The San Francisco Pet Hospital where they lived and the kids would play in the cages. Candy died and Janet and Lee split up and we remained friends. Janet moved to Ohio and we became long distance friends. When Janet came to California and visited last week we opened a bottle of our best Pinot Noir. This was an event to celebrate!

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: