Sunday, June 18, 2006

Bear Valley Morning

Day One: It is cold, but not as cold as I thought it would be. It is very pretty here, high in the mountains. The steep descent will be a challenge today. Today's ride is long and I do not intend to even attempt to do all of it. I do not consider a 65 mile ride with so much climbing in the last 35 miles to be a short "easy" option. It is forecast to be very hot today, especially as we drop altitude and the day progresses. This is not your father's Sierra-to-the-Sea. It is a whole different beast now. I told them I intend to stop at the rest stop at 49 miles and get a ride from there.

Had a fun evening last night socializing. Grete, Doug, LeRoy, The Thompsons and I shared a condo. I ended up sleeping on the floor. I slept very well.

It is father's day. I hope my sons are having a good one! Happy Father's day guys.

No comments: