Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Still recovering from dental work

When I was 12 (or there abouts) I got a ten speed bike. It was the first bicycle I had that had a front derailure. I was so enamored with watching the chain go from one ring to another that I was watching the chain move as I was riding, and not the road in front of me. To make a long story short, I ran into the back of a parked car. Most of my two front teeth were left on the trunk of that car.

Needless to say I was not very happy. The dentist ended up replacing my two front teeth. We are talking around 1967 here.

I was supposed to get those caps replaced when I was around 21. I waited until Monday to replace them. Silly me, I thought it would be like replacing a sock. In fact it ended up being more like demolishing a kitchen counter. I spent over two hours in the dentists chair. Had I known what the procedure entailed I still would have those old caps. The dentist decided the old teeth needed improving and reshaping. That was an under statement. I am having many problems and will have to go back and get them fixed. I am dreading that visit!

No comments: