Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Family History Trip

Dolores and Payette River

A trip to Tamarack with my Cousin Dolores
Today I went with my cousin Dolores to Tamarack Lodge for lunch. It was a long drive up along the lovely Payette River and we talked a lot both ways. I learned a lot about her family and our family including: my parents, my grandparents, my uncles and aunts and other Sloan family. It was a great trip. Dolores's father, my uncle Sid, was 20 years older than my dad. So, she knew my grandparents who had died before I was born. She told me great stories about my family and I soaked it all in. I would have loved to have recorded it. It was a great day and I enjoyed every minute of it. After we came back to Dolores's house Deb came over and we visited more. We looked at old family pictures. It was wonderful.

Dolores and Deb

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: