Thursday, September 29, 2005

Looking back on our trip

We had a great time on our trip to the Santa Barbara County wine country. It was very pleasant and I look forward to going back again after knowing what we learned. We had some great wine, great food and great times.

Susie at Pismo
Seeing the whales at Pismo was a perfect cap to the trip. I had heard people talk about seeing the whales along the coast but I never imagined that we would.

Whale breaching

That was something I never thought I would see. I wish I had had a bigger telephoto lens, but at least we have the memories.

The Road Less Traveled
There is a poem by Robert Frost called The Road Less Traveled [Link]. It is an inspirational poem about choices and the thrill and challenge of not taking the easy choice or the well worn path but instead about the challenge to take the chance of taking the less traveled path and all its associated risk. Author Scott Peck wrote a similar named book [Link] that once served as a powerful inspiration for me to take that path when I was facing a major life changing decision in my life. It is with sadness that I learned that he died recently. He was a good man, a good author and he helped a lot of people live better and more meaningful lives, myself included.

Wine Reviews
I have posted winery reviews on my opinion blog [Link]. This link is to our tasting at Babcock Winery [Link] on the last day. More reviews will be coming.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: