Sunday, April 29, 2007

George Slough Sr.

On the passing of George Slough Sr.
I hardly knew George Sr., but I have appreciated his craft. He built a lot of wheels that are on my bikes.

The wheels he built for me are the best wheels any wheel builder ever built for me. They have held their true better than anyone else's and still hold the tension he put on them.

I used to see him at the shop occasionally and will think of him often, like when I am riding and look at and feel his wheels spinning under me. His touch on my wheels has made my rides better. Every time I am riding on the road on the wheels he built I will be feeling the road through spokes he patiently tightened with his own fingers. His wheels ride true.

He is a part of every ride for me. His craftsmanship lives on.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: