Saturday, June 09, 2007

I am in a tent in Walla Walla

Walla Walla Tent

I am in a tent in Walla Walla
It is raining off and on, but not bad. I thought about getting a Motel room, but they wanted a hundred bucks for it. This campground has power and wi-fi. I can think of better things to do with $100.

UPDATE, Sunday Morning
Sometime in the night the tent started leaking. First a little then a lot. Suddenly $100 for a motel room did not sound bad! But, I was committed.

Around midnight I moved into the car. At least it's a wagon (or is it a SUV?) Well, at least I stayed dry. And, I slept okay too. Things to remember for rain:

  • Put your tent in a high spot, preferably or on gravel
  • Be sure rain fly has been waterproofed recently
  • Do not let tarp moisture barrier extend beyond tent

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: